Saturday, April 17, 2010

Roadtrip to Budapest


After driving across five countries in nine hours, I'm finally feeling like a traveller in Europe. My eyes are wide open I feel free at this moment. I am in control of my own destiny and if I want to hop on a flight to Milan tomorrow, that's what I'll do.
Of course, this whole trip wouldn't have happened if it weren't for two factors:
1. I have an amazing and generous friend living in Berlin that happens to be dating a high profile dj that had a gig in Budapest.
2. The volcanoes in Iceland errupted creating a cloud of ash that swept over Europe causing 800+ flights to be cancelled.
So off I go to join Matt and Alison on a spontaneous road trip from Berlin to Budapest in a hire car.
I spend Saturday sight-seeing and drinking lattes at fancy cafes. I'm in awe of Budapest's architecture and scenery. Every corner I turn is a brand new visual delight and I'm afraid my camera battery won't hold out long enough.







Saturday night we see Matt play his gig and are treated like VIPs with a complimentary bottle of vodka... a dangerous spirit! I'll say no more of this night, mainly because I can't remember much of it!
Sunday we have a long drive ahead of us, but we're in no rush so we take our time to enjoy it...
Breakfast in Budapest, coffee in Slovenia, lunch in Vienna and an amazing dinner in Prague with a breathtaking view of the river.

Ahh, I love Europe!

(PS The photo below is not the breathtaking view i'm speaking of. Unfortunately my camera battery did run out at this point.)

2 comments:

  1. just a couple blokes.. 'hanging out' havin a piss...together.. aint life sweet.. :)

    ReplyDelete